A two-member ICDP delegation, Commissioner Ivan Šimonović and Policy Director Rajiv Narayan, participated in a mission to Sri Lanka between 18-22 June 2019.
Interlocutors that the ICDP delegates had meetings with included:
- Speaker Karu Jayasuriya.
- Finance Minister and former Foreign Minister Mangala Samaraweera.
- Minister of Justice Thalatha Atukorale.
- Chairperson of the Human Rights Commission of Sri Lanka Professor Deepika Udagama.
- Director of Foreign Affairs Krishanti Weerakoon and Additional Secretary of Legal Affairs Luckshmi Jayawickrema in Presidential Secretariat.
- Director General of UN and Legal at the Foreign Ministry Shobini Gunasekhara.
- President Counsel JC Weliamuna.
- Executive Director of Centre for Policy Analysis Dr Pakiasothy Saravanamuttu.
- Ambassadors from Germany, Switzerland, the EU, Turkey, France, Canada, senior diplomats from Germany, Norway, the UK, Australia.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.